Monday, November 5, 2007

Adam the Swimmer...Minnie the Entrepreneur





Adam had his 2nd swim meet this last Saturday. He swam 5 races (50 free, 50 back, 50 fly, 50 breaststroke, 100 im) and did a great job! I wish I could have captured a better picture of him doing the backstroke...he was smiling the whole time...Uncle Chris would be so proud.





He looked so cute/skinny in his jammers...I swear his knees are the widest part of his legs! He only had about 5-10 minutes between races so he would lie down on the "warm" cement and cover himself with a towel...he has shivering down to an art form.




Today I took Minnie, Sunny and Jack to Target with me. I know...I wasn't thinking...a Mother (especially this Mother) should not take 3 children with her to Target...but I did. The girls went wild! I threatened, but nothing calmed the little women. After I finally wrangled them into the car we got home and had the whole "THIS IS HOW WE SHOULD ACT IN PUBLIC" seminar (of course I gave this little lecture in a very calm, loving way...even though we have this discussion at least twice a month). I thought it went pretty well (I think they were a little stunned by my passion for the subject...apparently I wasn't as calm or as loving as they thought I should be).




Minnie then decided to share with me one of her "great" ideas (this girl has a lot of ideas...pretty good ideas most of the time).




"I know Mommy how about we come up with a chart" (one of her favorite idea accessories) "and keep track of how good we are. How about for every 10 minutes we are good we get a quarter!"




"So let me get this straight," I asked "you want me to pay you to be good?"




Minnie is going to get back to me with a new/better "great" idea!

4 comments:

ferntyler said...

seriously I don't know whether to be scared of these girls, or thrilled for their possible future in negotiating deals that are definitely in their favor :)

*katie said...

Smart little girls! I certainly would never have thought of that. I didn't (and still don't) like to be in trouble which is probably why I never spent a day grounded in my life.

RocketBox Boy said...

I love Adam's big grin on the towel and Minnie's sweet smile. Great pics. Tell Adam great job. I forwarded your blog onto Chris. He is excited to see Adam's pictures.

Harper Family said...

I like Minnie's idea. So is she earning a lot of money??? I'm sure she is good all the time.