Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentines

So today may just be the best Valentine's Day ever. It's raining. My husband gave me a perfect present (think Jane Austen). As if that wasn't great enough I have 4 healthy (well, pretty healthy) kids as of this moment. So in the theme of all things Valentine's...

Justin. I love this man. He's funny, handsome (I can't get enough of his hair...not pictured) and he doesn't always get me, but at least he puts up with me.


I love Adam's sense of innocence. I'm not saying he isn't losing it at a very rapid pace (he is in third grade after all), but there are moments when I see him looking around this big earth of ours and I see the sense of wonder in his face and I realize he is still a little boy.


I love Minnie's determination...something she gets from her father (another something I love about him). I love that she wants to do so much with her life and she wants to give so much. She is a little sparkly light.


I love Sunny's spunk. The girl can make me laugh! Sometimes I need to remind myself that her stubborness is a strength that will help her as she grows. I know that she will be a great example of not compromising as she gets older.


I love Jack. He is my little man. He is mischievousness, joy, dirt, boy and crazy all wrapped into a tiny little body that I still thrill to hold every day.


So to my family I say I love you. My life has been better because I have been blessed to have you as my people.

8 comments:

*katie said...

What a sweet tribute to all of your family:) And what a great husband you have to buy you the Fitzwilliam Darcy trilogy for Valentine's Day! Have a wonderful rest of heart day:)

diane said...

We love the Bird family!

Alicia said...

So fun! I love how the pictures totally capture their personalities (especially Sunny). So fun. Happy Valentines Day!!!

tawnya said...

Oh, how sweet (esp. the Jane Austen centered present!).

ferntyler said...

Aaahh, so great! I love that you love the rain - even after all the rain we have had lately, a random day of rain doesn't send you into deep depression (oh, yeah, that's me). You guys are the best!

Jen said...

You have a great family! Full of personality and spunk. Happy Valentine's Day!

Laura said...

Seeing as I don't have any Austen knowledge, I have no idea what you got. So sad. I'm sure it was lovely. I do hear you on Justin's hair though, love it, it's delicious! Your babes are so sweet.....

Sunshine said...

How cute! I love it! Although, unlike you and Laura, I share no feelings about Justin's hair. I do, however, enjoy greatly the Michael Scott quote. So glad the writer's strike is over so we can have our Office back!!