Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sicknopsis


This picture pretty much sums up our house for the past month. Sick. Pretty much every sickness out there has reared its ugly head at our home.
Last Saturday, I was happily anticipating our family...our WHOLE family...going to church together (something that has not happend since the first Sunday in January). At 11:00 pm on Saturday I awoke to that sound. I think we all know that sound. You know the one I'm talking about. The one that makes most parents break out in a cold sweat. The sound of your 2 year old throwing up. No control...just wild crazy vomiting.
Needless to say the whole Bird family was not at church on Sunday. After church (for those of us able to attend) Sunny started to fall asleep on the drive home...not a good sign. We walked in the door and she went straight up stairs and put herself to bed (we are talking middle of the afternoon people!). She got the flu...not stomach. Could we all just pick the same sickness?
Monday afternoon (20 minutes before school ends) I got the call from the school nurse that Adam was sick (stomach). Nice.
Justin came home from work early on Tuesday with a sickness all his own...I think it may have had something to do with the fact that he ran 14 miles before he went to work. Sunny came home from school on Tuesday (that's right I sent her to school because she didn't have a fever and seemed better) and would not get out of the car at her dance studio. I brought her home where she again fell asleep and pretty much stayed that way until morning.
Wednesday, everyone seemed to be getting better.
This morning, Thursday, Minnie woke up crying...that's right...a fever. Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

11 comments:

Jen said...

I am so sorry! Seriously what is up?? I was wondering where Minnie was when I saw you walking just the boys to school. I guess the Bird family can't catch a break :(

ferntyler said...

is it wrong that I am laughing right now? I know it's not funny, but seriously can't everyone just get sick and mope around at the same time?

Alicia said...

Wow. That is no fun. Dr. Page told Marissa that because of all the fires we are all going to be a lot sicker this season because we got so run down with all the stuff in the air. I guess your family is proof of that. Good luck with it all!

tawnya said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Is there anything I can do??

*katie said...

Oh sadness! I really hope you all get to go to church together SOON!

Laura said...

You're the toughest one of the bunch apparently. What's on Jack's face? Do I want to know? It's so weird, I can't figure why Justin has sickness anxiety...

diane said...

I'm all about flu shots!

Sunshine said...

Jack spit his medicine out...well up...and all over his face and all over me and all over the floor. Jack is the only one of us that got the flu shot...he has also been the sickest of us all!

RocketBox Boy said...

Look at that poor little face. So sad. I hope things are now looking up for you and your bird house.

The Family Rasheed said...

Wow! I feel soo bad for you. sickness is the onee thing I cannot handle and to have everyone sick at the same time would just kill me. I hope you guys get better soon.

Melissa said...

Yuck! I hate when it goes around at my house. Hopefully you are all over it now.