Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rally Round the Family

Thanks to evil outside influences our children were subjected to the many flashy, empty, LOUD promises of Wii. I have kept them sheltered from video games for so long that I thought we were safe. Well, the three oldest decided to pool their money and began their campaign. After perusing many retail establishments and looking online it took all of three days for "Disneyland Dad" to come to the rescue...some back alley affair..."Hey, kids! Guess what we are going to do for FHE?" Thanks J. Squeals, screams and singing were heard throughout the night.

Guitar Hero is the game of choice (J has been secretly lobbying for it for the past year). I swear if I have to hear "Bulls on Parade" one more time I might go loco.





11 comments:

tawnya said...

Aaaaah, how fun! I too am planning on keeping the video games out of the house. Wish me luck!

You should totally do a soundtrack. Just do it slowly like me! I could never do a list without it changing and growing and taking over!

ferntyler said...

Your thinly veiled negative energy towards the WII is totally overcome by the joy on your children and husband's faces! I guess you aren't aware that Guitar Hero is educational! With all the music training going on over there, I would think this would be a welcome addition - by the way, I've got some games I could sell you guys - just have J meet Robie in the back of the parking lot by Ralphs (don't tell anyone)..
you must have your computer back, yippee!

Jen said...

I don't even want to think about how much money has been spent on the games and devices my husband, I mean my kids have. Love your fun pictures....the looks of concentration are a tell tale sign of Guitar Hero.

diane said...

I love your guitar heros!

Naomi said...

It will all be worth it one day when one of your children is supporting you in your old age by being a highly sought after ROCK STAR!

Dare to dream!!

Amy said...

Nobody can not love a great round of guitar hero. I can picture it now, one day after all the kids are at school Sunshine will succomb to the wonderful game and be at home all alone rockin out.

Rock on Bird Family!!!!!

3WimmerBoys said...

I love it! At least now we don't have to buy one. Do you think the kids will ever come play at my house again?

Christin said...

I lost that battle a long time ago. My husband got Rock Band for Christmas and I gave in and played with him because it's more fun for him that way. We have a band name Chasing Us. My husband plays guitar and I play the drums. Sometimes Chase sits in our lap and plays drums with us. It's kind of fun actually. Welcome to the world of gamers!

RocketBox Boy said...

I want to see a picture of you rocking it out!

*katie said...

Too funny, the last picture of Justin is AWESOME!

Alicia said...

I love the pictures and thought it was really funny when Sunny was talking with me and said, "So, Do you play American Idol Wii? No? Well, sometimes I get the gold because I am such a good singer!" It was so cute and she sounded so informed and sophisticated! :) Yay for the Birds!