Although more than halving the amount of laundry was great, it didn't make up for the fact that by the end of 2 weeks the kids were starting to sense my weakened state. I'm pretty sure that if he was gone for more than one more day they would have had me bound and gagged so they could take over. I did get a lot accomplished after the kids were tucked in bed. I finally got around to reading Tess of d'Urbervilles (loved/hated it...poor Tess! Why do good books have to be so depressing?) and played Sudoku until I thought my brain might explode. My car has remained clean as has The Pit of Despair (some people might call it the garage). It is amazing what I am capable of when there is no one around to talk to.
Thanks to Melissa who kept us well fed! And thanks to my hubby who brought home 4 loads of dirty laundry. I missed you J.

6 comments:
so absence really does make the heart grow fonder :) Even with Robie gone I can't keep the stinking garage clean...
Man. Mine was just a weekend and I was already starting to weaken!
Glad he's back!
Oh the bittersweet-ness of the absence of husbands. :) I'm glad he's home! Now you can get back to "real" life!
You just don't realize how much laundry you really have to do until your husband is gone. Seriously that was my favorite part of having Aqeel gone, not to mention having to fake the 'headaches'!
What is it with boys and their laundry?!
I have changed my blogpage address. If you check out my blog you'll see why. the new address is... aaaaajohnson.blogspot.com
Post a Comment