
Well, I don't. I remember bits and pieces of life at 8, but big things like who my Grade 3 (that's what we called 3rd Grade up in B.C....crazy Canadians) teacher was...that I don't remember. I do remember my favorite goldfish in the class aquarium, "Pinky" (clearly this fish made more of an impact on my life than my teacher...so sad). I remember reading "A Wrinkle in Time" and thinking it was a waste of time (I should reread it and see what my adult self thinks about it). I also remember that after a very traumatic experience involving an apple and an earwig my life changed forever. Let's just say that I didn't eat the apple my mother sent to school in my lunch bag for a couple years...that's right every day I threw my apple in the trash (I still feel guilty). And yes, I still have a somewhat irrational fear of earwigs. From the above picture I would assume that this is also when I became aware of how wacky my teeth were and began perfecting my closed mouth picture pose. That basically sums up everything I remember about being in Mrs. Whatshername's class. Which is why I am writing it down now. I will probably forget all about "Pinky" by next month.

10 comments:
Love the fabulous locks! Your kids look so much like you...lucky kids! I want to hear more about the ear whig. I hate those things. They are hard to kill. Did it crawl in your ear and burrow into your brain? We should have another carbo load tonight!
I really like these posts where you remember back. My only real concern is that I am friends with someone who didn't like a Wrinkle in Time, now that is sad :). I'll bet your teacher would be thrilled you remembered anythign from that year, even if you don't know her name! i also think we should do a carbo load every Friday (hey, they get up and ride every Sat morning, right :)
Well, my biggest fear is that one will burrow into my brain, but that is not what happened that day. I do have to sleep with my ears covered to this day though!
How on earth do you cover your ears at night?
I remember that Mount St. Helens erupted durning 3rd grade. And that I had great chocolate lip gloss that came in a record shaped holder. Man. Random.
Hello there! I was just blog hopping & came across your blog! How are you? It has been years! Your family is so darling!!!! Hope all is well!
Jennifer (Davis) Kriloff
PS I also have no memory now! Hopefully you'll remember me or I just made a big fool of myself! Wouldn't be a first!
What a great post !!!
Ohh Grade school memories.... urkk
Your kids look so much like you!! You are so good to record these memories, even if they are ones about scary ear whigs!!
so, the apple and the earwig thing, is that why you cover your ears with your hair at night?????
I don't remember much of anything from grade school either. Including the names of most of my teachers. You're not alone. Love the picture!
Wow your son Adam looks like he could be your twin! oh, and I hope you don't mind me adding you to my bloggin' friends. I found you on Jen's blog :)
Post a Comment