Apparently that something is my car. I have been aware for a long time that the interior of my car has been anything but clean. I would even go as far as saying it has been disgusting lately. I thought by closing the door I would be able to hide my dirty little (okay, not so little) secret. Well, the secret is out...Sunshine is driving a trash can on wheels.
Yesterday I was brought to shame when I drove a couple friends and their offspring in my car to the gym. After apologizing, to my clean car friends, for the health hazard they had to get into (I wouldn't be surprised if black mold was forming under the car seats) I decided enough was enough. I mean seriously I found an ant in my car...and he looked well fed. Today I unloaded 2 trash bags worth of CRAP from my car. I attempted to vacuum up the big chunks of unidentifiable food. Then I took the beast to the car wash where I got the super-duper-trooper deluxe wash...you should have seen the look of shock and fear on the attendant's face when I handed over my keys (I did leave a pretty substantial tip to ease my conscience). It is really amazing what 4 kids, one busy...all right I admit car-lazy...mom and a couple boxes of Cheese Nips and Nature Valley granola bars can do to a car!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Sunshine, you should see the inside of my car. Actually you should smell the inside of my car. On second thought you may get nauseous. I am pretty confident if for any reason we ever got stuck in the car with no way to get food, we would be able to live sufficiently for at least a week on what lies under the seats and in every crevice imaginable.
My car is usually a pretty big mess, too.. last time I cleaned it it was actually stinkier when I was done, since I think I unearthed something that was happily growing, so I might just leave it messy from now on :)
Oh, I'm laughing...
I have to remind Andy all the time that kids = messy car. He can't seem to figure out how it happens. Even with three I have bins of their stuff that I retrieve from the car all the time. It is scary when you find sippy cups with milk in them. I just keep those a secret from Andy. The question is now "how long will it last"? Let the threats to the kids begin. "Don't you dare, I just had this car cleaned."
Tom liked this post. He mentioned it to me twice! You can't do it all!
I too hate cleaning out the car. However, it shows strength that you did finaly clean it, right?!
It is amazing how fast it all builds up! It is like the great black hole...everything goes in & nothing ever comes out!
I think you are taking some liberty here calling me a clean car friend, have you seen mine lately? I folded down the seats the other day....SCARY!
I never would have guessed! I guess we all have our "dirty" little secrets.
Post a Comment