Friday, January 16, 2009

Sweet Dreams

My mom has been asking to see pictures of my daughters' room. They got their new beds for Christmas and my mom and sister helped me tie the quilts over Christmas break (well, actually Natalie did most of the tying and my mom bound the edges...it's nice having crafty family members!). I made the quilts out of fabric from my stash and from a dress of my great-grandmother's. You can't see it in the photo, but each quilt has a pocket from her dress. I love their vintage feel and am happy with the outcome. I finished their silhouettes this week. There is still a lot I want to do with this room...let's just say this room is ALWAYS evolving. I thought I should get a picture of it today. It was clean...not something that happens very often.

10 comments:

diane said...

Fabulous!

I love the dresser as a nightstand. The silhouettes are so cute. The quilts are amazing. What great fabrics. Which one is from Grandma's dress?

Tina said...

Very cute. And silhouettes seem to be very popular right now. I love the idea of using your great grandmother's dress in the quilts for your girls. That is so cool!

ferntyler said...

You are always not only crafty, but thoughtful - the great grandmother's dress addition is so awesome! I like the paint color in there too - I don't remember if that is how it has always been, but it looks great with what you've got in there now.

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

I've been thinking of doing this for the boys room with their dads old work shirts! you beat me to it! looks great.

tawnya said...

I LOVE it. LOVE!

*katie said...

Oh my gosh that is darling! SO SO cute!!

3WimmerBoys said...

I love it so much, glad I finally got to see it in person! You are one of those women who does it all,whether you are willing to admit it or not. I am not sure which is cuter, the room or the pictures of Adam the Fonz.

Brittany said...

Sunshine I can't believe that you have 5 kids I think you must of been pregnant with Jack when I last saw you...your girls rooms are so cute, where did you find those beds? Can I add you as friend on my blog so that I can keep up with all of you? So much fun to see you

The Family Rasheed said...

That is really cute! I love the idea of the silhouettes!

Wild Wilsons said...

I love their room. Who made those darling quilts. They look so professional.