

Jack is afraid of Halloween. How can this be? I've done everything a mother should do. I tell him how great all the fake spider webs are hanging from our neighbors' houses. How the scary decorations are really fun! How it's perfectly fine to take candy from strangers. I say all this with a smile on my face and yet somehow he doesn't understand, or maybe he just doesn't believe me. Would I lie? I try to tell him that mothers are incapable of telling a falsehood. I try putting the soft, adorable, precious elephant costume on him...he yells at me and runs away. All this from a child who carries Halloween Costume Catalogs around the house (he doesn't see the irony in this). I did find a little cowboy running around the house though...he looks like Jack...maybe a little taller...perhaps there is hope. Maybe he will come to realize that Halloween is one of the best nights of the year for kids and parents...Mommy needs chocolate!

4 comments:
I am so glad you are now a blogger! Jack is so adorable. He looks like he loves being a cowboy!
Hey, so the kid doesn't like Halloween, that just puts him with all the cool people (ok, maybe just me).
So cute! I can't believe how big Jack is! (I found my way to your blog by way of Sunshine Bramwell's link to Jen and Chad.) I bet Jack will love it once he realizes he gets candy for free:) I'm looking forward to the candy David and Ethan will get me!
I love this. Thanks for getting me motivated. This makes me miss your kids even more.
Post a Comment