Yesterday was less smokey...sure there was still a faint campfire smell and general haze in the air, but the sky was bluer...the air was getting better...that is what I was telling myself until I looked up and realized what color the sky is really supposed to be. I was getting my mail when I looked down the street and this is the view I had...
Yesterday evening 5 minutes before bedtime Jack slipped, fell, plum
meted (we don't know the real story...no one is "fessing" up). He hit his eyelid and split it open...so I made my bi-monthly trip to Urgent Care...turns out that he is going to be fine...it is in a difficult place to stitch so we'll just have to let it heal by itself...he can tell all his friends about the time he fought an alligator and won...look I have a scar to prove it!
When I got home from Urgent Care Adam gave me a letter to mail...
Dear Santa Claus,
I only want a little bit of presents this year so you can give the people who lost their homes a lot of stuff.
From,
Adam, age 9
What a good kid!
I have been having nightmares about trash, garbage, refuse...only natural considering Tuesday is GARBAGE DAY (a big day at our house...we usually top off...and I do mean top off our garbage dumpster and our recycle dumpster every week) and it is now 4 days later and no news as to when trash pickup will resume...visions of our trash piling up are getting grandiose. Then what is that sound...could it be...my heart skips a beat...yes, I know that sound like I know the sound of my own name...it is a sound that makes me and all children under the age of 5 giddy with glee...a GARBAGE TRUCK...I wanted to run after it blowing kisses...Thank you! Thank you! San Diego Sanitation Department. Thank you for saving me from a mountain of garbage!
Maybe I should be more specific when I tell my 22 month old to go put shoes on...

3 comments:
Tell Jack that he is supposed to put eyeliner by the eyelashes. :) I am glad to hear he is okay. I am also glad to hear you didn't have to evacuate. I love what Adam said. What a sweet boy. Love ya all!
So cute! Seriously, I am feeling your garbage pain - we did a bunch of yard work the Saturday before so we had our trash cans overflowing already. I think our neighbors were seriously wondering what was wrong with us when I had to take 4 bags of trash over. Poor Jack, if he gets a scar at least it is in a sweet place.
That scar gives Jack even more character. What a tough guy.
That must be nice when your child writes something sweet like Adam did. I'll keep wishing for that.
I also heard the garbage truck coming on Saturday just about jumped for joy. Hopefully they will be back again on Tuesday.
I was in crisis when I saw you at Target on Saturday, sorry we couldn't chat!
Post a Comment