Sunny: "Mom were you born in the olden days?"
Me: "You mean when people used horses and buggies?"
Sunny: "Yes."
Me: "No."
Sunny: "But you were born before electricity. So wasn't that the olden days?"
Me: "I was born before there were computers (personal computers that is) and microwaves, but we had electricity!"
Sunny: "Oh."
---------------------------------------------------
Sunny: "Mom, your brain is getting really old."
Me: "Why do you say that?!"
Sunny: "Because you forget everything!"
---------------------------------------------------
Minnie: "Mom, your tummy isn't getting big at all."
Adam: "Yeah, I can't even tell you are pregnant."
Sunny: "Mom, your tummy is getting huge!"
--------------------------------------------------
Should I take this personally? I'm beginning to feel pretty bad about myself. She was fantastic at church yesterday (a huge Mother's Day blessing!). After church this was our conversation:
Sunny: "Mom, was I reverent at church?"
Me: "Yes, you were really reverent."
Sunny: "Yes! My first time!"
The sad part of this conversation is this literally was the first time she was reverent in Sacrament Meeting....it has only taken us 5+ years to get to this point!

10 comments:
you have to have the yin and the yang, right? the good and the bad - if all your kids told you you were the best, you would start to wonder if they were sincere, but this way you can appreciate the compliments way more, right? (that's what I tell myself when repeatedly I am called the "meanest" mom EVER).. That picture of Sunny is too cute - I can see the sweetness in her eyes (hiding maybe, but it's in there)
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!
Hard to take it that they can be SO VERY CUTE and SO MEAN at the same time. Just know that you're not alone! Yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You're what, like 20?
Does that mean there is still hope for my kids being reverent someday in church? The lucky thing for you is that since you are in my ward you will never be labeled the worst family in sacrament meeting, I pretty much have that title all wrapped up! You know I love that Sunny. She is trouble, but boy is she cute and spunky!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I love that little Sunny girl. Seriously! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! Have a great day!
Happy Birthday!! Don't worry she's nice to me.That is good criteria, that they know how to be nice in public. Brynn used to ask me "Why are you so matchomatic?" Precious.
Kids will be kids, right? did you get my last comment on my blog address change? If not here's my new blog address. The story to why is on my blog page.
aaaaajohnson.blogspot.com
I can't believe that sweet, precious face would ever say any of those things;) What a precocious little girl you have!
I know it isn't much consolation, but I would seriously think that Kelsie was abnormally mean if you didn't tell me about Sunny's sassy nature. I keep telling myself that at least there is no worry of her EVER being a follower. Totally priceless picture of Sunny. She looks darling, but you can definitely tell their is some spunk there!
Ok that is too cute! I was talking with a friend just yesterday that we now have wrinkles, things have sagged, but I don't feel a day older than 20. Unfortunately, my kids also remind me what the numbers tell me!
Your fans miss you. Alisa asked me to tell you to update your blog. I should send Brynn over to babysit so you can blog!
Post a Comment