Thursday, October 16, 2008

Don't Mess With the Pants

When Justin was 12 years old he lived in Arizona. He played baseball. His team was called "McCain's Navy". Can you guess who sponsored the team? The "sponsor" purchased the team shirts (see the picture below), but declined to buy the team pants (J's mom took pity and kindly supplied pants for the team). Some may say the sponsor was being frugal. Justin will tell you the sponsor was just being cheap. Apparently, after waiting 25 years, Justin is ready to make the "sponsor" pay. That's right McCain...you most likely lost a vote. J is moving to the Dark Side.

10 comments:

Kim W said...

That's not shallow, right?! Ha!

ferntyler said...

I love that story - and the way you write it! see, he was a real "reformer" even back then - most people think they "need" pants and his sponsor wanted to look at the bigger picture :) That picture made my day - already a hottie even back then :)

tawnya said...

That's hilarious! Tell him welcome! We have good snacks on this side...(we'll, my house. That's the same, right?)

Jen said...

Wow, Adam looks just like his dad!Great story, but it sounds like someone holds grudges a little too long.

Alicia said...

That's awesome. And I find it kind of ironic that you capitalized "dark" in the blog...intentional? I think so!

The Family Rasheed said...

What interesting insight. I am so shocked that Justin would hold on to something for so long! :)

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

TOO GOOD!...and revealing...about McCain of course...

diane said...

That is a great picture of J.
I'm not sure if calling it the dark side is PC, but it is hilarious!

emwhitte said...

Tell Justin it's not that dark :)

Naomi said...

This made me laugh! I'll bet the "Maverick" never thought that one would come back to bite him!

It reminded me of a final tribal council on Survivor. The jury always has the last laugh!