Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Take a Hike
Monday was a perfect day. After Justin and Adam went mountain biking, we took the kids on a hike in a canyon near our home. We saw horses, beehives and beauty. It was 6.4 miles and we survived with "minimal" whining. Sunny was a little less than impressed with the local vegetation. She told me she thought the hike would be more fun if we just drove. I tried to make it more enjoyable for her by singing camp songs and the old, "I left my wife with 48 kids" chant that I so enjoy. She humored me and pretended to enjoy it. We followed up our jaunt with a trip to Jamba Juice and low and behold in the parking lot was a Ferrari. Adam was in heaven. He dreams of the day when he will buy one of his own. I dream of the day when he will stop asking me questions about cars. Honestly, do I look like I know anything about cars? I was thrilled for him. He talked about it for the rest of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sunshine I saw you on Britt's blog. Your family is so grown up and darling. California looks like it is treating you well. We should all get each others blogs, since we never see each other, this is a good way to keep everyone connected.
Linsey
What a great day!!! Glad there was only minimal whinning!
I'm with Sunny on the drive over hike angle.
I need to take Adam for a ride in my car with the top down.
I think you totally look like the kind of chick who knows everything about cars. You are one high maintenance girl, I can't believe you haven't left Justine yet because he won't buy you that Porsche you've been dying to have. I can't wait to see where you'll put the six kids in that thing! I am so happy for Adam, tell him I just know he'll get that Ferrari for his sweet 16!
Wow looks like an adventure. I don't think my kids would make 4 miles let alone 6. The Birds at at one with nature and Ferraris!
Post a Comment