Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Get Out the Flour and Hide the Camera

I have been baking lately. Last night I made pipin' hot french bread. J pronounced it "delicious". My friend Candice sent this recipe to me over 10 years ago and I finally got over my fear of baking with yeast and made it. Here you go...

Quick and Easy French Bread

3 c. warm water
2 pkgs. yeast
2 T. sugar

Let the yeast "bloom" for a few minutes and add to:

1 T. salt
8 c. flour
6 T. oil (I used olive)

Mix together in mixer. Let rise until doubled (30 minutes). Divide in half and shape into 2 loaves on a cookie sheet. Score on top. Let rise for 15-20 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Brush tops with butter.

On a side note. Be careful who you lend your camera to. They might use it to update their modeling portfolio. You both know I have a blog...you can hardly blame me for sharing. Thanks for the laugh guys.

15 comments:

Shellee said...

If I can get crazy pics like that and a nice big laugh, I'll loan my camera to ANYONE!

*katie said...

Oh the hilariousness!! Great modeling pictures guys!!

Maren said...

I particularly like the tree shot, you can really see the innocence comming through. Thanks for the recipe, ironically I was looking last night for a good French Bread recipe {I must be channeling all my baking needs to you-thanks for getting them!}

ferntyler said...

Those pics are so sweet! Definitely the tree one is a keeper - how big do you think you could blow it up without losing any quality - poster size?
I'm going to try that french bread recipe - sounds really good :)

diane said...

America's Next Top Models here they come. They totally deserve the public shame. Dorks!

Maree said...

That bread sounds DELISH!

Great modeling poses. I'm guessing they wanted you to make them famous.

Laura said...

Now I can go to sleep and have sweet dreams...

The Family Rasheed said...

what were those boys doing in the hospital? They remind me of Turk and JD from Scrubs! Aww the bro-mance!!!!!

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

I have to admit it's cute and a little bit well, um, you know, what's the word?...SCARY...the tree shot is like an engagement photo!

3WimmerBoys said...

We were laughing so hard when they were doing those pictures I could hardly stand it. It doesn't feel good to laugh after giving birth, so I knew it was good humor. That bread was SOOOOO good, thanks for the recipe.

Sunshine said...

I have a newfound respect for the guys. Who knew they were such great models? GQ will be calling soon!

Dana Fallentine said...

I've been looking for a good french bread recipe! Thanks Sunshine!

Brittany said...

sounds so yummy and easy which makes it that much better...I try not to bake cause then I tend to eat all that I bake.

Kim W said...

Does it say anything at all that NONE of the photos were "manly"? Ha! Love it!

tawnya said...

Hey - I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope all is well and things are great!