Friday, January 25, 2008

"Mommy Are You Going to Jail?"

That is what Sunny asked me today after I was pulled over by 3 police officers (3 seemed a little excessive) for speeding [in my defense (I clearly know there isn't a good defense for breaking the law...take it from me kids) I was taking Jack to the doctor after not sleeping all night. I thought the speed limit was 45...which I was going...but, apparently I had entered a school zone. For the record I did slow down once I saw children]. I made it 33+ years without being pulled over, but today was my lucky day. I asked my attorney to "take care of it" which he laughed at. Thanks honey.
And so begins my life of crime. That's right. I'm a perpetrator of the law. A perp. We all know it's a slippery slope. Next thing you know I'll start shop lifting and probably grow some marijuana in my back yard. Actually, I do believe I am a reformed criminal...I consistently drove 5 miles under the posted speed limit for the rest of the day. Honk away people I am not going to risk it!

15 comments:

3WimmerBoys said...

I have seen some wanted signs posted around town. Don't worry I won't turn you in! I am just amazed you have gone 33 years without being pulled over-UNBELIEVABLE!

3WimmerBoys said...

I have seen some wanted signs posted around town. Don't worry I won't turn you in! I am just amazed you have gone 33 years without being pulled over-UNBELIEVABLE!

Wild Wilsons said...

Sunshine this is a pretty good mug shot of you. J/K. This is what I look like every morning when I wake up.

Jen said...

Have you thought about a career in writing. Seriously, you make simple stories seem like spectacular adventures!

Laura said...

For one perp to another, trust me, each they pull you over it just gets easier and easier. The first time's always the most traumatic. Pretty soon it won't even faze you. You'll start adding projected bail expenditures to your annual family budget. (p.s. I know a great on line traffic school if you need a referral...)

RocketBox Boy said...

You should really wear your contacts and not your glasses held on your head with your nose and a simple string. Seriously what where you thinking and the hair style you were sporting that day for sure doesn't tell those police officers that you are a hot momma and that you can get out of a ticket by flashing your almost not there cleavage. Great mug shot. :)

I am glad their is a little rebellious side in you. I am glad you can now laugh about it.

diane said...

Next time get one of the kids to cry and say "Don't shoot my Mom!" My friend got off that way.

Christin said...

That's no fun. I haven't had one of those in about 12 years. I cried (involuntarily) and I still didn't get out of it. I'm glad you can joke about it. :)

ferntyler said...

Something about the nasty words that come into my mind when I hear sirens makes it hard for me to give my kids the "trust a police officer if you are ever in trouble because they are really nice and we can rely on them to keep us safe" talk without losing my lunch. Fight the power! I'd take some pictures of the location right now before they change the setup to make it look like you knew what zone you were in... I'll defend you (either that or I also know a good online traffic school :))

Dana Fallentine said...

Hi Sunshine!!!

Loved it! Very funny!!! Especially the part about having your attorney take care of it! Classic!

Alicia said...

Are they going to allow you to still be in Primary? This is a big deal. I'm going to the bishop... (by the way, I love the titles you think up, that's always the hardest part for me! They always fit so perfectly!)

*katie said...

So funny! And I'm so impressed you lasted 33 years and no ticket. I've gotten two. My first was when I was 18 and on my way home from Ricks. I was pulled over in Ceder City for going 95 MPH!!!! Don't worry, I don't do that anymore!!!

The Family Rasheed said...

Sunshine I love you writing skills. You are so funny! "A perp" that cracked me up!!

Sunshine said...

So if I start seeing random people filing in and out of your house, does that mean your backyard marijuana is good? Cause I need something to take the edge off this whole potty-training thing....

Naomi said...

Hi! I stumbed on the Sabre Springs group! It is so fun to see what fun things are going on down the road--you would think that we lived a world a part from each other. I haven't kept in touch very well, so it's fun to see everybody!