Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Some Things You Have Been Dying to Know About Us


How long have you been together? We met at the end of December 1995. We went on our first date on Jan. 1, 1996...and started dating "exclusively" a few months later.

How long did you date? almost a year. He was in Philadelphia and I was in Mesa.

How old is he? Justin is 36 (he'll be 37 next month) and I am 33.


Who eats more? probably me...but he can eat cereal like nobody's business .

Who said "I love you" first? Justin did. I believe I have the email to prove it!

Who is taller? Justin, by 6 inches.

Who sings better? I don't know who sings better, but I sure enjoy it more.


Who is smarter? Definitely Justin...but I'm better at Sudoku and practical things like knowing how to change a roll of toilet paper!

Who does the laundry? Me, Justin will if he gets desperate. He does iron his own clothes...well, the clothes that don't go to the cleaners.


Who does the dishes? Me...Justin has been known to put a dish or two in the sink...I'm a lucky gal.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Justin. I have had 4 babies. I need to be closest to the bathroom.

Who pays the bills? Me, but he keeps track of everything.

Who mows the lawn? Neither of us :)

Who cooks dinner? Me...but Justin can make a mean oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and he can do amazing things with asparagus on the grill.

Who is more stubborn? I would say Justin, he would say me (and we both know he is probably right on this one).

Who kissed who first? Justin kissed me in his dorm room at Penn...he took his sweet time too...it was perfect!


Who asked who out? Justin asked me out...he also asked a friend of mine out for the next evening...this was typical of J...he had a reputation to uphold. We went to the Phoenix Zoo for the Zoo Lights. Incidentally he took my friend on the identical date...how original!

Who proposed? Justin...in Oak Creek Canyon...so beautiful!

Who is more sensitive? Justin...he cries all the time. Clearly I am the more sensitive one!

Who has more friends? Me, because Justin doesn't really like people. Just kidding...kind of.

Who has more siblings? Me, I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters (the real Brady Bunch). J is his mother's only...he does have a step-brother and step-sister.


Who wears the pants in the relationship? Justin...stinkin' only child...he thinks the world revolves around him. Really, I think we both have one leg in the pants.

I tag: Anyone who reads this!



7 comments:

*katie said...

What a fun post! I learned lots of new fun things about you both:) And I was DYING to know them--I just didn't know it:) Perhaps I'll do my own post if I think about it...I still need to wrap up the Katie and Alan story. It's not really that long, maybe I'll use this tag to complete it!

ferntyler said...

OK, that is stinking hilarious, but true! favorite part: changing the roll of toilet paper - seriously how hard is it? I love the way you write - I feel like I could be sitting here talking to you right now!

RocketBox Boy said...

I actually didn't know some of the stuff you answered. I loved it and it was funny and yet so true. I love they way you write sis.

Alicia said...

So funny! I think I'll actually do it too (just for the heck of it because Hailey is asleep). I find it kind of funny that he said I Love you for the first time in an email.

Jen said...

So fun!! Good stuff. I am also amazed that Justin said I love you first. Maybe he is a closet Jane Austen lead guy type? Then again...e-mail...maybe not so much. Thanks for sharing!

Wild Wilsons said...

You crack me up. I am so glad we are related. You inspire me and make me feel happy. Hope today is a better day.

Christin said...

Who knew you were such a comedian? Thanks for sharing! I think I'll do it too.