Thursday, January 3, 2008

Detox

Happy 2008!

New Year's Celebration in a nutshell:
The baby birds spent New Year's Eve, Day and Day 2 with J's parents (they are the best!). J and I spent the evening with friends (SCUM was played) and food. New Year's day was spent taking down Christmas (it took more than 7 1/2+ hours) to put all the Christmas decorations away...yeah! J and I went out for dinner and then, the wild pair that we are, went to bed at 8:30...so sad. Yesterday, I went downtown and met J for lunch...then instead of doing the 100+ things I need to get done...I went to a movie by myself (something I don't get to do enough of). The kids have been home for about 20 hours and we are in detox mode...there has been a lot of teeth gnashing, whining and overall despair.

A Resolution:
I will not eat chocolate before 8 am (yes, it has been a problem in the past).
Day 3 and I am going strong!

6 comments:

ferntyler said...

Great summary... the detox period is a necessary evil - I challenge you to not eat chocolate until 9am (always gotta aim a little higher, right :))

*katie said...

What great in-laws you have! I remember loving the game SCUM but can't remember how to play it! And I love that you got to go to a movie. I have no qualms about going by myself, I just don't have the time to do it. Few more years and I can...

Melissa said...

Yeah for the world of blogging. It's crazy the people you run into. Looks like you have a beautiful family. I can't believe how fast life has gone by. My oldest just turned 12! Yikes! What a cute blog you have.

Jen said...

Detox is hard...I am so not looking forward to it. Is it bad that I am basically going to let their school teachers handle it? Christmas decorations are finally put away at the Cloes household as well. I don't think it took as many hours as yours did, but still no fun at all!

lisa said...

peter jon often tells me that he loves sugar.

Alicia said...

Good luck with the post-Holiday life. Its not very fun to have so much fun and then all of the sudden be back in the "real world" again. Maybe chocolate before 8 am is a must!? Just a thought...:) Seeing your next post (with the socks...) makes me think that it might be necessary for another week or so...?